To provide police services to the Wharton community with integrity, professionalism, accountability and respect, to preserve life and property, to enforce the law within the framework of the Constitution, to work in partnership with the community, and to be good stewards of the public's trust and resources.
The Wharton Police Department will be a leader in policing and working in a partnership with citizens of Wharton to provide innovative and proactive service that enhances the safety and quality of life in our community. Its purpose is to suppress crime, preserve order, and maintain the safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Develop, enhance and sustain community relationships
- Preserve life and enhancing the quality of life
- Ensure equity in all service components
- Foster an environment that encourages problem solving, by both ourselves and the community
- Effective Crime Suppression
- Educating ourselves and our community about the causes, resolution, and the prevention of crime and disorder
- Ensure that all persons may pursue their lawful activities without fear or impediment by maintaining public order
- Reduce the impact of crime, fear of crime, and public disorder in the daily lives of Wharton citizens through patrol, crime prevention, criminal investigations, and law enforcement.
- Respond to calls for service and other public needs promptly in order to provide services which resolve problems and protect persons and property
- Protect safe and orderly transportation through traffic direction, law enforcement, and accident investigations.