We, the members of the Wharton Police Department, working with all people, are committed to providing quality police services that promote a safe and secure community.
- preserving life and enhancing the quality of life.
- an environment that encourages problems solving, by both ourselves and the community.
- being responsible for our actions
- our community, our profession, and to each other.
- educating ourselves and our community about the causes, resolution, and the prevention of crime and disorder.
- human dignity and the worth of all individuals.
- Ensure that all persons may pursue their lawful activities without fear or impediment by maintaining public order.
- Reduce the impact of crime, fear of crime, and public disorder in the daily lives of Wharton citizens through patrol, crime prevention, criminal investigations, and law enforcement.
- Respond to calls for service and other public needs promptly in order to provide services which resolve problems and protect persons and property.
Protect safe and orderly transportation through traffic direction, law enforcement, and accident investigations.